Sunday, October 15, 2006

Your colleague was more helpful

The following happened during servicing one computer:

DU: My Yahoo is so extremely slow. Can't you do something about it?
Ad: Not really, it depends on the network traffic on the servers.
DU: But, can't you make it work faster.
<Admin gets slightly annoyed>
Ad: You could try placing a complaint at Yahoo's site.
DU: And how would I do that.
Ad: Try writing an e-mail.
DU: To which address?
Ad: Seriously. Do you think that this will have even the slightest effect?
DU: It's still worth a try.
Ad: I don't think that they will even read it.
DU: You know, last time, your colleague was here, he changed something and then Yahoo worked better.
Ad: Sorry, but I can't do that magic - you'll have to wait for my colleague.
<Admin was internally crying with laughter, because all the colleague did was changing the home page of IE>

This proves that sometimes magic works...

No comments: